What can be done to fix my thighs/inner knee area? (photos)

I've lost 237 lbs..& realize that my thighs will always be big but my problem is the sag at my inner knee area. I'm wanting to know what can be done just in this area to improve the contours of my legs? Can these small pouches be excised on their own without needing a full thigh lift? I'm thinking liposuction alone won't fix the problem of the skin hanging near the knee...I just want a normal contour/flow to my legs even if they remain this size.

Thigh surgery after massive weight loss

From your photographs, it seems you would be best served by a vertical thigh lift to correct the loose skin and extra fat. Around the knees, aggressive liposuction can eliminate much of that fatty tissue, but you would still require skin excision for the best contour.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Massive weight loss - what to do about knees and thighs?

Thank you for asking about your knee and thigh lift.Congratulations on your weight loss - well done.
  • You are right that liposuction will not fix your problem.
  • You can have the excess around your knees removed - essentially a knee lift.
  • To improve your thighs, you would need a vertical (long scar) thigh lift with liposuction.
  • The hidden incision thigh lift (marked on one photo) will not do what you want - the skin below it needs to be removed or it will just pull the scar down.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

If your only concern is your knees, liposuction and a direct excision of skin will help greatly in improving the contour.

What can be done to fix my thighs/inner knee area?

You can certainly have both procedures done at the same time or only one for the area of the inner knees.  Select a board certified plastic surgeon who is an expert at both procedures.