Is there any way to get the bump on my left eyelid to disappear? (Photo)

I had eyelid surgery step 2015. The muscle detached in my left eye so my doctor reconnected it January 7, 2016. The muscle detached in 3 days so Jan 14 he opened my eyelid back up and put in 3 nondisolvable sutures. After a month of healing this bump appeared. I want it to disappear. Thanks

Bump on eyelid

It is not uncommon to develop scar tissue that can be managed with exercises/massages, but it's important to do this under the guidance of the physician who performed the surgery so they can monitor your progression and healing.

Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op Ptosis repair

Your photograph shows that you STILL HAVE PTOSIS on the left in addition to the bump. An Oculoplastic surgeon EXPERIENCED WITH REVISION of ptosis repairs could help you achieve the proper eyelid level and contour - and also eliminate the bump. If you have had one revision by the same surgeon, you might want to consult with another surgeon - an Oculoplastic surgeon in your area or elsewhere. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid "Bump" Treatment

Only the surgeon who performed your operation will know precisely what sutures/technique was used for your surgery.  As you have learned, eyelid surgery is very precise and requires great expertise.  Sometimes a small "bump" is very simple to treat in the office or with gentle massage over time.  I would start by asking your surgeon and i'll bet they will be able to improve things.  Best of luck!

Damon B. Chandler, MD
Moorestown Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bump on eyelid after ptosis repair

My best guess based on the history that you give is that there is scar tissue surrounding the non-dissolvable sutures that were used to reattach your muscle. it is unusual to have enough scar tissue to cause a visible bump, but if it is to happen, now is the time that it would show up. You should go back to see your surgery. He/she can put you on a massage protocol or possibly offer you a steroid inject to calm down the scar knot. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Strongly recommend returning to see your surgeon about this.

Unfortunately only that surgeon knows what was done in the eyelid.  They are in the best position to address your questions.  However it appears that your left eyelid is still droopy.  You might consider seeking some second opinions regarding the eyelid from other oculoplastic surgeons.