Follow-up to an earlier question: Early ectropion after blepharoplasty. (photos) This is an update of my first question. (photo)

This is an update of my first question. Yesterday I had the upper stitches removed. I was instructed how to massage the lower lids as follows: with the index finger start below the eye at the edge of the bone and massage straight up … NO side to side massaging. Do this several times a day. Eye drops and ointment for night was suggested by many so I picked some up yesterday. Last night I taped the eyes like my Dr had previously. This morning my eyes are much improved. Not so angry and irritated looking.

To see the previous question, please click here.

Early ectropion

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Early ectropion could be a consequence of swelling at the beginning. however there are many other reasons that can make it a long lasting issue. It is difficult to figure out the reason, without physical examination or before and after pictures

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Follow your surgeons directions.

This can take weeks to settle down and ultimately there may be some compromise in the function of the eyelids.  If the eyes are irritated, see your general ophthalmologist for their input.  If your current surgeon did not specifically recommend drops or ointment, they are not ophthalmology trained and lack the appropriate training, experience and equipment to manage the corneal exposure caused by the eyelid malposition.