Mandible Implants And/or Buccal Fat Pad Removal? (photo)

I would like a more masculine face. I was wondering if I should get a mandible implant to make my jaw a little more square instead of how steep i think my jawline is now. I feel as if a mandible implant would balance my lower face well. I also would consider a buccal fat pad removal to make my cheeks a little more contoured. Also an average pricing would be of great help as well. thank you.

Mandible Implants And/or Buccal Fat Pad Removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's best to begin by consulting with a surgeon in-person to discuss your options. During your initial examination, your #chin will be evaluated along with the neck and jawline. A weak #chin implies a lack of chin support for the skin along the neck line. In younger individuals a chin implant alone is usually all that is needed to improve the appearance of the neck. Subsequently, it will also improve the overall #balance of the face and can create the illusion of a smaller nose. As a stand-alone procedure, chin augmentation can be performed in the office under local #anesthesia. For individuals with signs of #aging in the neck, a chin implant added to one of the recommended procedures above, will provide optimal results. Liposuction under the chin is also another option your doctor can discuss. If you are not a candidate for chin or neck rejuvenation at the time of your #consultation, your board certified plastic surgeon can recommend alternatives to address your concern. 

However, there may be additional options to improve the appearance of your concern to improve the overall balance of your face. Such can be best evaluated in-person. Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in #face, #neck and #chin procedures is important to ensure you are receiving the best advice, care, and surgical experience possible.

Facial Contouring

This is a common request from my male patients who are looking to have a more chiseled, angular appearance.  I would strongly recommend a consultation to discuss the specifics for your face and the results you seek.  Computer imaging can also help you visualize how you will look following the procedures.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Jaw Angle and Cheek Implants for a More Masculine Face

Jaw angle implants can be used to drop and square off the jaw angles to make the jawline have a stronger appearance. You already have a more recessed flatter midface and buccal fat removal will not improve the look of your cheeks. You are better off thinking about cheek augmentation and leaving the buccal fat pads alone.

Face

You could do either custom jaw implants or possible osteotomies to change your jawline.  Conservative buccal fat removal could be done at the same time.  Prices vary from surgeon to surgeon and depends on where you live.  Donald R. Nunn MD DDS Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD