Tingle/pressure sensation in cheek 3 weeks after tear trough injection with Belotero. Could I have an infection? (Photo)

A total of 1cc of Belotero was injected equally under both eyes with a cannula 3 weeks ago but as you can see, I still had a lot of redness and swelling after the procedure. I slept upright for a week, ate pineapple daily and used Arnica cream religiously. I do not feel a lump and it is not hot to the touch but sensitive to cold air. Could it be damaged nerves healing? Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Pressure and Discomfort after Filler in Tear Trough

The symptoms that you are describing need to be addressed.  I would definitely return to your treating physician to be examined. You may have an infection or an allergic reaction.  Best, Dr. Green

Pressure and Inflammation After Belotero Into Tear Trough

I suggest reversing the filler and having this evaluated for an allergic reaction, excessive swelling or biofilm.  Please see an expert in filler injections and complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tingle/pressure sensation in cheek 3 weeks after tear trough injection with Belotero. Could I have an infection?

Not sure.

Swelling, tingling and other sensations 3 weeks after a filler is not common.  The best recommendation would be to return asap to the provider so an in-office examination of the area can be performed. 

Although there is a chance the area may be infected you may also be having an allergic reaction to the arnica cream or uncommonly to Belotero.  Unfortunately, also make sure the provider has used Belotero and not an off-market filler.

Timothy R. Miller, MD

Eye swelling

Your photos suggest you are having an inflammatory response to the filler.  You need to go back to the doctor who injected the filler for follow up immediately.  Perhaps a short course of steroids might help at this point.

John Burns, MD