Smaze facelift?

Are there any Texas doctors out there that perform this facelift with local anesthesia, Cocktail? I'm probably saying that all wrong. But this procedure takes between 45 to 50 minutes?
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

SMAS Lift

A SMAS lift in general refers to any facelift technique that tightens the SMAS layer along with the overlying skin in a more youthful position making you look younger. Specifically, the SMAS face lift does its magic by lifting and tightening the jowls, neck, and cheeks to a more youthful position. These techniques generally produce more natural and long-lasting results than the “skin only” face lifts, and now considered by most board certified plastic surgeons as the most preferred method.
Here are some specifics of how this is performed.
SMAS is an abbreviation for a tissue layer called the Superficial Muscular Aponeurotic System. As this is a mouthful, most patients and surgeons use the acronym SMAS. The SMAS is a relatively thin layer of strong fascial supporting tissue that covers and surrounds the deeper tissues and structures of the face and neck, including fat pads and muscles, and the entire cheek area. It also attaches to the superficial muscle covering the lower face near the jaw line and neck called the platysma. As the SMAS attaches to all of these areas of the face, a SMAS lift surgically elevates this layer which in turn elevates the soft tissues and structures of the face. To do this, the SMAS layer can be folded superiorly and attached to itself, called SMAS plication, or it can be tightened and lifted by removing a redundant portion and then reattaching itself in the uplifted position (SMAS resection, or “SMASectomy”).
Now the confusing part:
The SMAS facelift may be part of the traditional facelift type procedures which have longer scars, more undermining of skin than some of the mini-lift procedures. Unfortunately there are a lot of brand names attached (especially to mini face lifts) and not all include the SMAS lift. The mini-lifts may be tough to choose from because of all the brand names such as LifeStyle Lift, S-Lift, Quick Lift, LiteLift, MACS and others. In many cases there are more similarities than differences between these procedures as they share the use of smaller incisions, quicker recoveries, and are often done under local anesthesia with oral sedation. Differences are often more related to the surgeon’s experience and preference of surgical technique. I understand how confusing this must be to the consumer. For example, in my practice we perform the LiteLift™—see below link for further details.
The skill and experience of the surgeon is far more important than the technique chosen. Factors such as the lift directional vector, how tight to lift it, and the skill to not go too deep where underlying important structures could be harmed is essential to the best outcome and longevity of the procedure. After more than a quarter of a century performing face lifts and seeing the results of other less-trained surgeons, my advice is: Always go with the best when it comes to facial rejuvenation.
Remember it is the skill and experience of the surgeon that counts—not the name! Great surgeons get great results, period. The best way to find one is to start with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience over many years. Ask to see “before and after” photos, especially long term ones. Ask the number of times you will be seen afterwards by the surgeon rather than a medical assistant. A good place to start is “Find a Doctor” on the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons web sites.

#SMASfacelift
#SMAS

SMAS facelift

I suspect your referring to the SMAS facelift.    For the right candidate, it is possible to have this procedure done under local anesthesia, I think he would have to consult with your surgeon to see if you are the right candidate for local anesthesia or not.

XSmaze facelift?

I think you are referring to a SMAS facelift. Tightening the SMAS layer (a variety of techniques can be used) lifts the tissues in the face and neck. It typically takes longer than 45 minutes to do this properly. It can be done in an office setting, but the office operating area should be approved by one of the national accrediting organizations. Most surgeons would use IV sedation , along with local anesthesia, for this procedure. There are many Texas surgeons who do this surgery. Call several and ask your questions. Good luck.

Warren J. Katz, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I have never heard of a facelift in 45 minutes, but there are certainly doctors who perform then in the office with local anesthesia. I would advise you to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) who's work you like who does the above and schedule a consultation. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Facelifts with local anesthesia.

What are the best options for #facelift, #Lite-lift, #mini-facelift techniques.
There are many variations and modifications of facelifts. My surgery experience spends more than 25 years. After performing and observing the various facelifts of many plastic surgeons I believe that the best results depend upon the surgeons on experience and his personal results.
Modified facelifts such as the #litelift work great with local  in the office

Facelift anesthesia options: Local or General

A facelift can be done under local or general anesthesia.  Each surgeon has a slightly different preference on how they do things.  Both options can give you beautiful results.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Facelift

SMAS facelift is something that most will do under a general anesthesia and there is no one who does that in 45 minutes.  There are many including myself who do facelifts under local or local and sedation all the time.  These procedures an involve plication of the SMAS and result in excellent results.  I think this is what you are looking for.  I would talk to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area do discuss you options.  

Good Luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Face lift under local anesthesia

I think you mean a SMAS face lift where the SMAS layer is tightened.  Yes it is absolutely possible.  I offer two solutions to my patients:

1.  Facelift under general anesthesia done at outpatient surgical center
2.  Facelift done under local anesthesia with nerve blocks and ORAL sedation only.  This type of lift is done in the office.  

Good luck.

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift under local anesthesia? YES! it is possible #facelift #drmesa #doctormesa

A facelift alone, neck lift and/or facelift with a facelift CAN be performed with local anesthesia without "cocktails", oral sedation, intravenous (IV) sedation or general anesthesia.

Facelifts performed under local anesthesia with "COCKTAIL" usually means that the patients are given heavy oral sedatives like Valium, Percocet, Oxycodone, etc. to significantly sedate the patients while the procedure is performed under "local anesthesia". This oral sedation can significantly affect the safety of the procedure since the patients may loose their airway (ability to breath).

Patients interested in undergoing a facelift under local anesthesia should ask their surgeons if in deed they are using a "cocktail" and what kind of oral sedatives are given to them during the procedure.

In my practice I perform facelift under pure local anesthesia with no oral sedation ("cocktail") in patient candidates.

John Mesa, MD