I recently had my 575cc saline implants replaced with 375cc saline and had an anchor lift too. I want to go 100-150cc larger.

The new, smaller 375cc moderate plus saline implants I chose along with the lift look very,very small and isn't giving me the desired fullness, projection and high placement I thought it would. If I go 100-150cc larger, would this give me the desired result? Will I need pocket resizing to fit a larger implant and will going larger have any negative affect on the lift?

Revision

I don't think that an additional 100-150cc will make much of a difference in your final result.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Implant revisoin

You would have to be seen in person to determine what might be best for you. Best of luck with your revision.

Results of Breast Lift and Downsizing

From your description, not only did you downsize your implants, you also reduced the volume of the breast through the lifting procedure. This serves to give you two means by which the breast was made smaller. Without photographs or an in person examination, there is no way to tell you specifics about implant volume. We have found that photographs are very effective Communication tools that allow a surgeon to understand your ultimate goals. You then have to trust your surgeon to choose the appropriate implants volume and style to achieve your goals.
Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.  Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD San Diego Plastic Surgeon 

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Implants

It is difficult to guide you without photos but if you are not happy with volume, then larger implants are the answer. You might benefit from a more projecting implant (high profile) and the pocket may not require much change. The breasts will continue to age over time but  the degree of increase in size of the implant should not change that much. Good luck.

Changing to a larger implant after breast lift

Increasing the size of the implant by 100-150cc is going to bring you closer to the breast size you were previously . That should give your breasts more projection and fullness. If the original breast pocket was made smaller at the time of the implant exchange and anchor lift, it should be relatively easy to add a larger implant. It is always easier to increase the pocket size than to reduce it. I doubt going to a larger implant size will initially affect the breast lift, but over time the larger the implant the more weight and stretch that is placed on the breast tissues. Ultimately a larger implant can cause the breast to drop again

Going larger after mastopexy

Without an examination and an in person consultation it is really impossible to say if an increase in size will give you the fullness and placement you want.  A larger implant in the same shape will increase the projection.  On key factor to consider is the weight of the implant.  As we increase the size of the implant, the weight of the implant increases.  There is a point in most patients in which the weight is too heavy for the tissue and the implant causes the breast to sag again.  Since your skin has already been stretched once and required a lift, I would be cautious in placing too large an implant.

Samuel Beran, MD

Implant size

Greetings!
Thank you for your question.  Choosing the right implant size for you is a complex and challenging process.  You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Your surgeon may try sizers (which we find very useful) and/or imaging, which may help you make the right choice.  Generally, pocket resizing (releasing) is required if going up in size, but not always.  Generally, larger implant should not have a negative effect on your mastopexy result.  Best of luck you you!

RMU

Roderick Urbaniak, MD
Clearwater Plastic Surgeon