What is this sore?? 3 months post-op Breast Lift with Implants. (photos)

I had a breast lift and implants and this sore will not heal. Any ideas. I am going to see my Dr soon.

What is this sore?? 3 months post-op Breast Lift with Implants.

Thank you for your question.  This area quite commonly has difficulty healing following breast lift with implants and usually heals within a few weeks with local wound care.  It is very important that you see your plastic surgeon for an examination..The small black area in the center may indicate a communication with the implant.  If you're having a lot of clear fluid drainage this may indicate exposure of the implant.  Please see your plastic surgeon soon for examination to make certain that the implant is not exposed.

Non healing wound.

While it can happen that patients get a small non-healing area at the bottom of the vertical incision after a breast augmentation/lift, these usually closed quickly.  If yours has persisted for 3 months, there can be a chance the opening is in communication with your implant.  Your surgeon should know about this as soon as possible to discuss with you how to correct this.

Wound After Breast Lift

A wound such as this 3 months post-op is something which needs to be addressed sooner than later. Please make an appointment to see your ps in person. 

Wound issue

A wound that does not heal for 3 months is worrisome.  It could mean that you have a communication to your implant pocket.  Best to be seen in person and evaluated.