Comparison Of Treatments For Thigh Cellulite: Thermage/Cool Sculpting/Exilis/Endermologie?

Would someone please provide some guidance on the key differences of Thermage/Cool Sculpting/Endermologie/Exilis? I am 5'4 and weigh 118 lbs, 43 years old, workout 5 days a week, have extremely healthy diet. Still have some cellulite in thighs/hips/buttock area that is frustrating and I cannot seem to resolve through diet and exercise. What procedures would be the most effective and provides the fewest follow up visits. Any insight would be appreciated! Dawn G.

Effective Clinical Treatments for Cellulite

Approximately, 85% of all women are affected by bumpy, dimpled, unappealing cellulite.  As #cellulite is caused by fibrous bands underneath the skin that compress #fat, #diet and exercise do little to help the appearance of this condition.  Clinical treatments offer the most effective and longest lasting results.  We can now offer improvements that should last at least 2-3 years. My office also recommends three different procedures: ThermiSmooth, VelaShape 3, and Cellfina. 

ThermiSmooth is a #noninvasive treatment that uses very controlled #radio frequencies that deep heat target tissues and stimulate #collagen growth, improving the appearance of cellulite.  A series of three to six treatments are needed for the best results.  #Thermismooth may also be used to treat fine lines or wrinkles.

Also, VelaShape 3 is a non-invasive treatment combining #massage rollers, a vacuum to elevate the target# tissue, infrared lights to heat the target tissue, and bi-polar radio frequencies which guide the heat; all together helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite. I suggest over six sessions, one week apart.  The combination of these technologies causes the connective tissue under the skin to heat up, stimulating collagen growth, #improving cellulite and skin elasticity.  #VelaShape 3 may also be used for eliminating fat cells around the stomach and thighs.  

Cellfina is the newest FDA approved treatment for cellulite.  Unlike the others, #Cellfina it is a one-time, minimally invasive procedure  in which a safe, small needle-like tool is inserted to the target tissue to break apart the excessive fibrous connective tissue that causes cellulite.  There is minimum #downtime and the amazing results from one treatment last at least two years, longer than any other cellulite treatment. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for these #treatment #options by consulting in-person with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina Produces Improvement in Cellulite That Lasts!

Hello and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. The treatment targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. it is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Thank you, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Velashape III best FDA approved device for Cellulite Management

Exilis and other RF, radiofrequency devices by themselves will not get rid of cellulite. Probably the best devices are Cellulaze which requires a surgical procedure or the Velashape 3 device which is comfortable, non surgical and no down time.

VelaShape is the ONLY non-invasive treatment FDA cleared to reduce the appearance of cellulite. VelaShape III is a unique, no downtime, comfortable, deep therapeutic body contouring treatment that delivers consistent results. The Vela body contouring line is the only non-invasive body shaping product to combine four different technologies including IR (infrared), Bi-Polar RF (radio-frequency) and mechanical tissue manipulation using pulsed vacuum and massage rollers. The combination of these technologies provide a localized reduction in skin laxity, volume, and cellulite, as well as an increase in circulation and lymphatic drainage promoting healthy skin structure. More than 3.5 million independent treatments have been performed globally to date confirming both the safety and unique efficacy of this technology.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cellulaze will help with cellulite

My suggestion is to consult with your surgeon about Cellulaze; it is the first long-lasting cellulite reduction treatment. If there are areas of lumpy dimpling skin then you are a candidate for Cellulaze. Please consult with your surgeon.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze and Cellulite options

Based on my experience with these technologies, in a nutshell, Thermage tightens the skin but it is minimally effective compared to newer technologies, CoolSculpting "melts"  the fat under the skin in small quantities but does little if anything for cellulite, Endermologie for cellulite - save your time and money, Exilis - I don't have any experience with. The best technology today for cellulite is the Cellulaze treatment. See a board certified physician in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to see if this kind of treatment has the ability to deliver the results you are looking for. Good luck!  Best, Dean Vistnes, M.D.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite Treatment

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Cellulite treatment

I would recommend Cellulaze, it is the only FDA-approved, one time, minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats the cellulite by correcting all three anatomical aspects that cause cellulite.  By utilizing a side-firing laser fiber optic, it removes the fat that causes the bulges, it treats the fibrous septae that cause the dimpling, and it stimulates collagen synthesis to contract and smooth the skin, something no other treatment modality can do.  Satisfaction rate with Cellulaze has been over 90 percent.  Cellulaze treatment is not for everyone.  I would recommend consulting a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with Cellulaze to see if you are a candiate for the treatment. Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Cellulite Removal Procedures

Dear Aurora,

Without physical examination and photos, it is a hard to recommend the best for your case.

Nonetheless, if you the "stubborn" fat remaining in your abdomen, flanks and back areas even after a religious workout schedule and a healthy diet, I believe that you will benefit from Cool Sculpting - a non-surgical, non-invasive method of getting rid of this excess fat permanently.

The Zeltiq (cool sculpting) will freeze the fat cells (cryoplipolysis) without affecting other tissues; the fat in the adipocytes (fat cells) will freeze at a controlled temperature inducing cellular apopotisis (programmed cell death) hence a permanent solution.

As for your cellulite, cool sculpting does address that issue but Cellulaze does - a recently FDA approved procedure with commendable results.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS