Comparison Of Treatments For Thigh Cellulite: Thermage/Cool Sculpting/Exilis/Endermologie?

Would someone please provide some guidance on the key differences of Thermage/Cool Sculpting/Endermologie/Exilis? I am 5'4 and weigh 118 lbs, 43 years old, workout 5 days a week, have extremely healthy diet. Still have some cellulite in thighs/hips/buttock area that is frustrating and I cannot seem to resolve through diet and exercise. What procedures would be the most effective and provides the fewest follow up visits. Any insight would be appreciated! Dawn G.

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Effective Clinical Treatments for Cellulite

Approximately, 85% of all women are affected by bumpy, dimpled, unappealing cellulite.  As #cellulite is caused by fibrous bands underneath the skin that compress #fat, #diet and exercise do little to help the appearance of this condition.  Clinical treatments offer the most effective and longest lasting results.  We can now offer improvements that should last at least 2-3 years. My office also recommends three different procedures: ThermiSmooth, VelaShape 3, and Cellfina. 

ThermiSmooth is a #noninvasive treatment that uses very controlled #radio frequencies that deep heat target tissues and stimulate #collagen growth, improving the appearance of cellulite.  A series of three to six treatments are needed for the best results.  #Thermismooth may also be used to treat fine lines or wrinkles.

Also, VelaShape 3 is a non-invasive treatment combining #massage rollers, a vacuum to elevate the target# tissue, infrared lights to heat the target tissue, and bi-polar radio frequencies which guide the heat; all together helping to reduce the appearance of cellulite. I suggest over six sessions, one week apart.  The combination of these technologies causes the connective tissue under the skin to heat up, stimulating collagen growth, #improving cellulite and skin elasticity.  #VelaShape 3 may also be used for eliminating fat cells around the stomach and thighs.  

Cellfina is the newest FDA approved treatment for cellulite.  Unlike the others, #Cellfina it is a one-time, minimally invasive procedure  in which a safe, small needle-like tool is inserted to the target tissue to break apart the excessive fibrous connective tissue that causes cellulite.  There is minimum #downtime and the amazing results from one treatment last at least two years, longer than any other cellulite treatment. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for these #treatment #options by consulting in-person with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon

Cellulite treatment: what works best? thermage, cool sculpting, exilis, endermologie, bodyjet, skin tyte, i Lipo

It is unfortunate that so many companies pray on patients looking for an easy cheap fix for cellulite.  There is a repackaging of some old technology with a sexy name every month.  Cellulite can be improved and it just depends on the type of cellulite a person has.  Is it deep cellulite with abundant fat, or is it localized 'problem spots?'  In general I recommend you avoid any technologies involving focused ultrasound or radio-frequency as Thermage and other technologies are well known for creating deformities.

In general I like to treat cellulite like you describe with a combination of diode laser  to gentlly reduce and smooth the subcutaneous fat with an infrared deep dermal heating for skin tightening.  In cases like yours I feel this is the best option.  The devices I use are iLipo by Chromogenix for fat reduction and SkinTyte II from Sciton for skin contraction and smoothing.  There may be other similar products out there but I dont recommend following advertiser hype in choosing your treatment. 

Choose a reputable plastic surgeon with experience with these technologies and with conventional techniques.  You need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon who can guide you.  Depending exam you may be better off with a liposuction modality.  In certain cases I use hydrojet liposuction (BodyJet by humanmed)  to reduce problem areas ann smooth the skin  this is particularly useful for deeper large cellulite where some fat grafting is added back to the deeper areas after the liposuction.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy.     I recommend Cellfina in combination with Sculptra or renuva for optimal results.  You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Cellfina Produces Improvement in Cellulite That Lasts!

Hello and thank-you for your question!

Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. The treatment targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite. It is most effective for the treatment of deep dimples and depressions of the buttocks and back of the thighs. it is less effective in the treatment of generalized waviness. Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite.

Thank you, Andrew Lyos MD, FACS

Velashape III best FDA approved device for Cellulite Management

Exilis and other RF, radiofrequency devices by themselves will not get rid of cellulite. Probably the best devices are Cellulaze which requires a surgical procedure or the Velashape 3 device which is comfortable, non surgical and no down time.

VelaShape is the ONLY non-invasive treatment FDA cleared to reduce the appearance of cellulite. VelaShape III is a unique, no downtime, comfortable, deep therapeutic body contouring treatment that delivers consistent results. The Vela body contouring line is the only non-invasive body shaping product to combine four different technologies including IR (infrared), Bi-Polar RF (radio-frequency) and mechanical tissue manipulation using pulsed vacuum and massage rollers. The combination of these technologies provide a localized reduction in skin laxity, volume, and cellulite, as well as an increase in circulation and lymphatic drainage promoting healthy skin structure. More than 3.5 million independent treatments have been performed globally to date confirming both the safety and unique efficacy of this technology.

Cellulaze will help with cellulite

My suggestion is to consult with your surgeon about Cellulaze; it is the first long-lasting cellulite reduction treatment. If there are areas of lumpy dimpling skin then you are a candidate for Cellulaze. Please consult with your surgeon.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze and Cellulite options

Based on my experience with these technologies, in a nutshell, Thermage tightens the skin but it is minimally effective compared to newer technologies, CoolSculpting "melts"  the fat under the skin in small quantities but does little if anything for cellulite, Endermologie for cellulite - save your time and money, Exilis - I don't have any experience with. The best technology today for cellulite is the Cellulaze treatment. See a board certified physician in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze to see if this kind of treatment has the ability to deliver the results you are looking for. Good luck!  Best, Dean Vistnes, M.D.

Cellulite Treatment

If you truly have cellulite,  cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.