CoolSculpting. Is this procedure an option so close to my wedding date?

I am 5'3", 200lbs and currently loosing the weight from having a baby :) I carry most of my weight on my thighs and legs but my concern is my back. I have a small roll on my lower back and one under each shoulder blade when I have my arms down at my sides. I am getting married in 2 months. Is this procedure an option so close to my wedding date? And will it help reduce the appearance of the back rolls in 2 months time. I have an open back wedding dress. Exercise isn't helping the back folds.

Cool Sculpting

Cool Sculpting results are seen 2-3 months after treatment. You should meet a board certified right away to be evaluated and start treatment.Congratulations on your wedding.

CoolSculpting before an Event

CoolSculpting could be an option for you, however, you may not see the full results in 2 months.  It is best to see a CoolSculpting Specialist and a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to find out if you are a candidate and see what your options are to try to achieve the results you want by your wedding.  It can take up to 4 months to see the full CoolSculpting results and some people need multiple treatments to get the results they are looking for.  Remember each treatment kills about 25% of the fat cells in the targeted area.  

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

CoolSculpting

CS is an option for you, but you have to understand that full results are generally not seen for 3-4 months, although early results could be seen in 2 months. Further, depending on your goals and expectations, it is likely that you may need more than 1 treatment in a given area, which will extend the time duration. There are also other non-invasive options that you might want to consider, such as SculpSure. You certainly need to see a cosmetic specialist, who can review with you your goals and options. 

Craig Schwartz, DO
Leawood Vascular Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question. Coolsculpting results may be seen at 2 months but it typically takes 3-4 months for optimal results. I would recommend an in person exam to determine candidacy.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. You may see a slight improvement in 2 months. It usually takes 9-12 weeks to see the full results. All the best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Crystalxx89, generally the optimal results for CoolSculpting are seen 1-3 months following treatment. At 2 months you may indeed see some improvement. Sometimes however, additional treatment is recommended as well. The good news, because CoolSculpting is non-surgical and non-invasive, there is no real downtime. Therefore, you can continue with your exercise weight management program that may also help prepare you for your wedding. Ps. Congrats!

CoolSculpting Vs. Liposuction

Cool sculpting improves the fat but 20% per treatment, and often requires multiple applicators to be used to get contouring and a few treatments. Liposuction would provide much more contouring and shaping, and would only require 2-3 weeks of healing. I suggest a formal consultation with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Bra Roll and CoolSculpting

There are two answers to your question. CoolSculpting is a very effective means for permanent fat reduction in specific areas of the body of which the bra roll is one of them. Is two months enough time to see results? Yes in fact the maximum amount of fat reduction will generally be seen two to three months after the procedure. However based on your BMI of 35 this would indicate at least two treatments in this area before seeing the type of reductions it sounds like you are seeking. Thus this two month window, even with doing a second treatment one month after the first would not likely give you the results you seek in this time frame. The financial investment required coupled with a less than ideal outcome (in your eyes) may ultimately leave you unhappy and frustrated. Be sure to have a very open and honest discussion with whomever you plan to discuss this option.   
Best Wishes.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

CoolSculpting 2 months

Congratulations on the wedding! From what you are describing in the area of concern, CoolSculpting sounds like it would be a great treatment for you. If you were to treat, I do not want to guarantee that you will see a remarkable difference in 2 months. You may start to see some results but typically 90 days is when you see the most dramatic results and patients also may need 2 treatments to get the optimal results they are looking to achieve. Every patient responds differently. Best bet would be to schedule an in person consultation so they can see the areas of concern and develop the best treatment plan for you. Best of luck!

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, this could definitely help but you would need to be seen first.

It is difficult to say based on limited information but it is possible that CoolSculpting could help.  We offer both CoolSculpting and UltraShape as well as the normal tumescent liposuction/SmartLipo.  With three options available, most people can find something that works IF they are candidates, but the most important thing is to go somewhere that is honest about whether it will or won't work as there are many places that don't prioritize honesty about whether you are a good candidate.
Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon