My son had gynecomastia surgery two days ago. He has drains in. Not much fluid is coming out at all. How much should come out?

One side was not measurable today and the other side was maybe 7ml. I drain them once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

The Use of Drains After Gynecomastia Surgery

It is best to call your surgeon and inform she or he of your concern. The sooner, the better. She or he may ask for you to visit their office for an in-person #evaluation. Then the #drain can be cared for. If at any time you have any concern at all about your healing process, it is highly suggested to contact your surgeon to avoid a future infection or impact on your final results.

You should call his surgeon for guidance

Only operating surgeon can answer this question.  Amount of expected drainage varies depending upon extent of surgery and many other factors.  You should call him

Vasdev Rai, MD

Drains...

...should really be managed by our surgeon.  We all have different protocols.  Usually, drains stay in for at least 3 days if not longer.  But again, this is your surgeon's call.

Tim Neavin, MD