Is a greenish tint OK to have in drains?

I have two drains and am almost at the one month point after implants were put in. I have around 20cc of output on both sides morning and night. I recently noticed a tint to the drain color and wondered if this is a normal part.

Breast implant drain removal

Our drain removal protocol after revision breast implant surgery is to try and remove drains before three weeks.  At the three week mark, there is a higher chance of breast implant infection.  Every cases needs to be evaluated individually and early drain removal does put you at risk for a fluid collection called a seroma.  

Sientra implants have a more aggressive texture then Mentor implants.  My preference is for the Mentor implants although I have used the  Sientra implants.

Green tint in drain

I recommend that you go back to see your operating plastic surgeon as green color is suspicious for infection. It seems a little long to leave a drain from my experience. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS