After my septoplasty and rhinoplasty my nose was straight. Over time my nose is going crooked. Would revision help? (photos)

I had a septoplasty & rhinoplasty done on September 15th. When my cast was taken off my nose it was completely straight but as time has progressed it seems my nose wants to return to being skewed toward the right side of my face. My surgeon has me taping nightly to pull my tip leftwards. Would a revision help or would it just end of going back to the right? Thank you in advance.

Rhinoplasty post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

After my septoplasty and rhinoplasty my nose was straight. Over time my nose is going crooked. Would revision help?

Hello verdad1 - Thanks for your question. It is too early to tell what position your septum will be in after healing is completed. You will have to wait one year to see final results. Work closely with your rhinoplasty surgeon until that time. Once you've completely healed, you can then decide if a revision is necessary and consultation with a revision rhinoplasty surgeon can determine if revision is possible. All patients have some amount of asymmetry before surgery and this often remains in some form after surgery.

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah 

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose ,hard to fix

Taping your nose over a period of time will not do any thing to fix this problem. You should wait at least six months before you attempt any type of repair. My question would be did you have a crooked nose prior to surgery?  Talk to your doctor and see what his thoughts are about what happened. It may be that you need to have more cartilage removed on the left side to bring the nose to a more straight position. Clearly if you don't have confidence in your doctor you should seek a second opinion.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon