9 weeks post septorhinoplasty with turbinate revision, when will breathing and sense of smell improve?

I am 9 weeks post-op and my breathing is more bothersome and distracting than pre-op. Will this improve? I'm really regretting undergoing this procedure at this point. I can visibly see a very large turbinate(same as before surgery) on the left and on the right side my airway seems wide open, yet feels stuffy. Any words of insight are appreciated.

Rhinoplasty post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Breathing Post-op

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you are having some breathing difficulties after your procedure.  However, at 9 weeks post-operatively, you may still have some swelling on the inside of the nose, which is causing this. I would be sure to discuss this with your surgeon, in person, and have an examination, to assure that all is healing well.  Also if you have any history of nasal allergies, these can be temporarily made worse after this surgery.

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon