I would like to ask if my Adam's apple with abnormality can be healed? If yes, how? (Photo)

I would like to ask if my adams apple with abnormality can be healed? if yes how?. This adams apple started when I was 14 years old and now Im 21.. I really feel uncomfortable with this everyday. If I swallow i can't feel pain, but if I swallow and turn my head left then I feel pain. I can't go to a doctor because I can't afford for it. please help me. I will really appreciate all the help and advice.. thankyou

Doctor Answers 2

Adam's apple reduction


It appears as if the right lamina of your thyroid cartilage or "Adam's Apple" is hypertrophied or enlarged. It is fairly common for one side of the cartilage to be larger than the other. However, this could be a mass caused by something else as well, so an in-person consult to evaluate it is most appropriate. You may want to start with your family doctor so that he/she can refer you to the appropriate person. 

All the best,

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Austin Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 18 reviews


Unfortunately, you will need to see a doctor to diagnose this and make treatment recommendations. You might look into a teaching clinic at a hospital with training programs.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD
Miami Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 79 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.