What CC Will I Need and Could I Look Natural?

Im 30 yo 5,4inches, 102lbs and a 32A. I would like to be a DD cup. I dont want to look stupid or totally out of proportion but I see many girls my build with bigger breasts and I think they look god. Also I am interested in Local Anesthetic as scared or General. Please tell me your opinion on this. I have done alot of research and I have wanted this since I was 15! Thanks.

Implants for natural look?

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Without this information or a personal consultation it is impossible for me to decide what implant you should have. That being said, I do not think it would look natural for you to go to a DD from an A cup and as other surgeons have suggested, consider staging.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Implant size to go from A to DD cup

Breast Implant Size is a combination of subjective and objective criteria.There is not a direct correlation between the cc's of a breast implant and the corresponding cup size, as cup size is an inexact measurement that varies considerably among companies and even within the same company. Online consultants will not be able to guide you as well as surgeons who perform in person consultation.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Proper Implant Selection

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant size

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Tweet

Implants

The sizing of the implants depends on your height, weight, breast diameter, chest width and anatomy. The shape of the implant will determine the final look

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implant size selection

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

A to DD but Wanting Natural

A to DD augmentation will not give a natural result for someone of your dimensions and probably not on one of any dimensions.  As a conservative estimate, you want to go up at least 4 cup sizes, which would be about 700 cc implants in even the smallest of individuals.  You may want to consider more like 400 cc which may make you a large C or small D to have a more credible shot at a natural look. Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

DD starting at A cup

It can be very difficult to enlarge you to a DD from A if your skin is tight and you are narrow.  Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

What CC Will I Need and Could I Look Natural

Photographs or a  examination would be best to evaluate your size and expected goals.  Usually the hemi chest is measured and an implant with a base width that will fit in the half of the chest is selected to start.  As for a DD size you may have to stage your implants by starting with a smaller one first and replacing it in a few years when the skin has stretched out.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

32 A to DD in a woman who is 5.2 weighing 102 lbs

In my opinion, technically it's impossible to increase the size of the breasts from 32 A to a to a DD in someone who is only 5.2 and wieighing only 102 lbs and make it look natural. If you want to look natural, settle for a large B to a C cup, wait for a few years to accommodate the implants and allow the breast skin to stretch before increasing the size to a DD as a staged operation.

Raj Chowdary, MD (retired)
Allentown Plastic Surgeon