Can a nose shrink this much? (Photo)

I am 5 weeks post op. This is my nose at the moment on the left and the photo is what I hope it looks like. Is it possible for the nose to go down this much??? I had tip reduction and bridge narrowed and some graphs to make my skin near the nostrils thinner.

Rhinoplasty recovery

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Rhinoplasty thinning

You should expect the profile to continue to shrink as the swelling continues to go away.  Good rhinoplasty surgeons will tell you a year, but it can even continue to shrink after that, with the final result seen around 1.5 - 2 years.  So anyways, if everything's symmetric, give it time and don't look at it everyday!

Can my nose shrink as much as I'd like?

Hello wat0016! At five weeks you still have a bit of swelling present. It should continue to decrease in size over the next year. That being said, will it be enough to approximate what you exhibit with the second picture?  Hard to tell, it depends on what you started out with and the extent of your surgery.  But you should see continued improvement.  Stay in contact with your board certified plastic surgeon.  I'm sure it will work out well for you!

Swelling

It take weeks to months to see the final result from Rhinoplasty surgery.  Follow up with your surgeon to confirm you are healing well.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD