Is it possible to make a nose any shape you want? (Photo)

For example if this is my nose in picture one would I be able to achieve a nose like these following pictures

Rhinoplasty

You cannot have any shape you want. Your current shape can be altered but there will be limitations based on skin thickness and your existing nasal form. 

You may be able to achieve some changes similar to the noses you show but not exactly

Rhinoplasty

It is not a question of whether you can get any nose shape you want...as you can not. The more relevant question is how close can you get to the nose shape you want with the nose shape you have. Based on your pictures you ideal goal is not unreasonable or impossible. You should be able to get close albeit it not exactly like your ideal goal.

#rhinoplasty

Hi.  No it is not possible to make you nose any shape you want.  We have to work with your existing anatomy and whilst we can change the bone and cartilage, the skin often dictates the amount of refinement achievable in one operation.  Having said that you have picked realistic photos based on what your nose shape has to begin with.  This means your nose (at least from a frontal perspective) does not look like it needs much refinement to meet your goals - probably just a tip rhinoplasty.

Regards

Damien.

What are the limitations in rhinoplasty?

Hi there and thanks for the question. Honestly looking at your nose I would recommend against any surgery. Unless the photograph is not representative, you have what looks to be a beautiful nose. Adding surgery to it cannot really be that beneficial unless you have a functional problem such as a breathing issue.

It's certainly not possible to make a nose any shape you want.  Your nose needs to look good, function well, fit your face and ethnicity, and stay that way. Various factors make a difference to the rhinoplasty that can be achieved, including initial shape, skin thickness, facial symmetry. Rhinoplasty is not as straightforward a procedure as many think, and in the best hands things can go less than perfectly.

Be very careful if you are going to go ahead with surgery. I hope this helps.

Peter Callan, MBBS
Geelong Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question.  It is possible to make some changes in your nose to make it more similar to your goals.  Based on your images and other goal photographs, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty Goals

While it's not possible to give you exactly the same nose as someone else, it is possible to incorporate the same aesthetic themes to your nose.  It is possible to increase the height, projection and definition of your nose to be similar to the photos you have posted, while still being in harmony with your facial features and remaining feminine.  If you want the best idea of what is possible for your nose, do your due diligence, find an experienced surgeon, and have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD