Honest opinions. Will this shrink or change to make it look less noticeable like my old nose? (Photo)

I had rhinoplasty to remove a bump in my bridge which then also thinned. I had some of my tip removed and some graphs near my nostrils as the skin was too thick. My overall desire was for my nose to look smaller and not be a stand out feature however I feel as though it actually stands out more now I am 6 weeks post op. Will this shrink or change to make it look less noticeable like my old nose

Nasal symmetry

It looks like you certainly have improved symmetry to your nose in the postoperative photo. The nose will continue to heal and refine in the coming months. Make sure you followup with your rhinoplasty surgeon regularly. Best of luck. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery

You are extremely early in your recovery process and you have a further 12 months of improvement to look foward to so be patient. The tip holds onto swelling the longest. Ask your surgeon about exercises to massage the tip to aid resolution of swelling

6 weeks post op

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post rhinoplasty recovery phase. It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Best of luck 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD