Tummy Tuck Belly Buttom Scar Revision; is there a way to fix this? (Photo)

I had my tummy tuck down in February. I now have this ugly scar. Is their a way to fix it? I was thinking scar revision or a tattoo. I am not sure. Is this just a regular scar or a keloid?

Plato's Scar serum and Melarase PM to a tummy tuck keloid

Your scar may continue to grow. I would apply Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase PM followed by IIT and fractional lasers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, this can be revised with an inverted V flap.  But you could also try steroid injections prior to that, but this has a risk of hypopigmentation in your skin tone.  Speak with your surgeon and ask his/her advice.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Tummy tuck

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon