Tummy Tuck Belly Buttom Scar Revision; is there a way to fix this? (Photo)

I had my tummy tuck down in February. I now have this ugly scar. Is their a way to fix it? I was thinking scar revision or a tattoo. I am not sure. Is this just a regular scar or a keloid?

Plato's Scar serum and Melarase PM to a tummy tuck keloid

Your scar may continue to grow. I would apply Plato's Scar Serum and Melarase PM followed by IIT and fractional lasers. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, this can be revised with an inverted V flap.  But you could also try steroid injections prior to that, but this has a risk of hypopigmentation in your skin tone.  Speak with your surgeon and ask his/her advice.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD