I had silicone breast implants back in July, and today when I massaged them I could hear a weird noise.

It sounds like there's fluid or air inside. It doesn't hurt and the breast don't look deformed, but it has me very worried.

Massage/weird noise

Thank you for your question. Your implant may have shifted slightly or may have a small amount of fluid around it. This is not necessarily a problem but a visit to your Plastic Surgeon could help to rule out any problems.

All the best

Noisy implant

It is probably fluid around the implant. Assuming all else is ok, probably not anything to worry about. However, if it makes you anxious, have it assessed in person by your surgeon. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Weird noise with breast massage

Hello, if you are experiencing new sensations I would suggest discussing this with your PS.  They will be able to better assess your breasts and ensure that everything is normal.

Probably fluid; not air

Thank you for your question. It is impossible for the noise to be caused by air. You likely have some fluid around the implant and, when the implant moves in one direction, the fluid has to move in the opposite direction which can cause a slight 'noise' or sensation of fluid moving.  If you are otherwise OK, it is probably nothing to worry about but you should see your surgeon to be sure. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Noise

Hearing noise early from surgery is not that uncommon, however at your stage is. It is doubtful that others can hear the noise. You still may have some fluid around your implant. I would suggest going back to your surgeon and asking for an ultrasound.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Noise from breasts

This long after breast augmentation any air that has been introduced by the procedure should long ago have been absorbed. My thought would be to rule out a new fluid collection around the implant. A simple ultrasound can discern whether or not there is fluid. Go back to your operating plastic surgeon to discuss. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS