I had a keloid on my ear lobe It is now flat, but I still have a hole in my ear can I put a earring in without it returning ?

Not re-piercing jut want to put my earring back in. It was pea sized, and is flat now. The keloid was caused by a piercing.

Keloid therapy in Los Angeles

Keloids can recur. I would suggest twice daily application of Plato's Scar Serum and IIT so that the chance of recurrence is low. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Keloids/Scar -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, microneedling/PRP, surgical removal

If replacing the earring back into your ear causes any trauma to the ear, you will have a chance of the keloid returning. Keloids can be treated in combination with lasers, steroid/5fu injections or surgical removal with or without radiation. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer