Breast lift with implants. Hole appeared after 25 days. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had a breast lift with implants 25 days ago. I had a stitch come through, called my PS and he said to trim it. When I went to get in the shower today I noticed this hole. Any ideas what is going on? I am on vacation and just worried that I may need to cut it short and return home. Any advice is welcome.

Slow healing after breast lift

Thank you for your question and photos.  From what I can see you have some slow healing at the very bottom of your incision.  Unfortunately, this is not uncommon to have some tissue necrosis (dead skin/fat) at the very inferior most aspect of the vertical incision or where the vertical incision meets a horizontal incision.  Typically, I would recommend cleaning the area with peroxide and using an antibiotic ointment or plain vaseline to encourage healing.  Always best to check with your surgeon to see what protocol they prefer.  Generally, these small areas of slow healing will heal on their own with proper wound care.  Good luck.  

Assuming your surgeon

left healthy tissue between that hole and the implant, there is not much to worry about.  Its very common for the bottom of that vertical wound to open up while healing and its the norm that it will heal on it's own as well.  Keep your surgeon informed of changes, especially spreading redness or a change in the discharge that is coming from the hole.

Curtis Wong, MD

HOLE IN BREASR INCISION 25 DAYS POST-OP

You either have not removed the entire stitch (your doctor or his nurse should have done this for you), or you have a small amount of dead fat under the skin that wants to come out.  If there is still part of the stitch remaining you need to have it removed.  If it is fat necrosis, the wound should heal with good home care to keep it clean.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon