Please help! Can't breathe! Horrible pain with drain removal

I had surgery on the 13th of August and my doctor used drains for my breast augmentation.today is the 6th day and they had to remove them, the left one was removed easily meanwhile the right one was stuck and they were unable to remove it and i started bleeding and felt horrible pain that i cant explain They had to keep it there and simply told me to get back in 5 more days.. Its been 3hours now and the pain is killing me on my right side, what should i do?What could possibly have happened to me

Pain after surgery

The intense pain that you describe needs to be addressed by your surgeon.  Contact their office for advice.  Be prepared that they may want you to come in to be evaluated.

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear about your experience. You will want to be assessed by your surgeon to determine the care pathway and ensure the bleeding is normal. If drains require removal, it is best to have them out. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

What should I do?

I'm sorry to hear you're having such problems after surgery. with that history and pain level as your plastic surgeon I would be very concerned that something is amiss. I would recommend you be seen ASAP by your operating plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation - severe pain and drain won't come out

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • This is a most distressing situation - and I am very very sorry.
  • But we cannot help you from afar.
  • You need to contact your plastic surgeon for medication for the pain, assessment and control of the bleeding and to have the drain removed.
  • If you cannot reach your surgeon, you need to seek emergency care.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Op Pain/Drain

I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon to advise you or return to the hospital so that you can be evaluated in person. You should be assessed for active bleeding and other issues as well as provided with adequate pain relief.
All the best

Call your surgeon

The best advice I can give you is to call your surgeon.  He/she has the best ability to help you under your situation.Best Wishes,Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Difficulty with drain removal

Hello angel_is_here, do not waste time for asking help from websites. Go back to your doctor and ask help. Because your doctor is the best person who can help you in this situation. Good luck.

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon