How long did you wear a bra to bed?

I am almost 5 weeks post. I have been wearing a bra or a camisole with a shelf bra to bed. I am developing an issue at the t. I finally slept without a bra last night and things do look better. Am I ok to sleep without a bra at this point?

How long did you wear a bra to bed?

I would suggest that once you choose your plastic surgeon (hopefully having developed confidence that he/she will take good care of you) that  you comply with his/her recommendations  regarding bra use etc.   Hopefully you'll be able to communicate your questions concerns directly with your plastic surgeon to understand the rationale behind his/her recommendations.

Follow your surgeon's recommendations

when considering bra use but in my practice, my patients do not need to wear a bra to bed unless I have some concerns where it could be beneficial to use one.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Reduction

Hi Heanme,
I would check this out with your surgeon directly.  By five weeks you should be out of the woods.  See the helpful answers below, also. Happy Holiday.  All the best, Dr. Joe

Bra and breast reduction

Every surgeon has their own program. Mine is wear a bra for a few nights while the breasts are still sore, because the bra immobilizes the breasts which can help.  I do not believe the bra helps in shape.  I think you could safely stop wearing the bra if it is causing issues.

Bras and breast reduction

I am not a strong proponent for most cases in using a bra 24/7.  However, some surgeons recommend this. Best to ask your surgeon.

Bra use after a reduction

Based on your procedure, your plastic surgeons techniques and prefreneces. Your Plastic surgeon needs to be the one suggesting what he / she feels is best for you in the post-operative phase.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Bra use after a reduction

I typically have my patients wear a soft, supportive bra without underwire or firm cups nearly continuously for the first 2 weeks and then as desired for comfort.  But, I agree, every surgeon will have his or her preferences so, please check with your doctor for a more personalized recommendation. 

Sleeping without a bra post breast reduction

Each surgeon has his or her preferences for postoperative care. Consult with your surgeon as he or she knows the scope of the surgery and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS