What is the best option for my genetic under eye circles/bags? (photos)

I have had undereye circles since I was very little. Eye doctors have constantly tried to tell me they were due to allergies. Several different allergy meds, 16 years later...they are still the same. They are genetic, as both of my parents have them. They have caused poor self esteem and a lot of depression through the years. At age 29, I get asked if I am tired or sick on a daily basis.

The allergic shiner concept was made up by a pediatrician to mollify anxious moms.

These have nothing to do with allergies and are genetic.  You are looking up in this photo so this exaggerates the fullness in the lower eyelid.  I suspect that all you need here is a small amount of under eye fillers in the form of Restylane.  Less is more.  Here is the challenge, this filler service is fussy.  I have a big group of patients who actually fly in from Chicago to get their under eye fillers done by me.  The would not travel to Beverly Hills if they could get this service done in Chicago.  So what are the chances that you can get the service done in Carson?  The treatment is done typically once per year.  You don't need lasers, prp, or microneedling. 

Eye Rejuvenation

You may be a candidate for an injectable filler such as Restylane which can improve the appearance of the undereyes by adding volume. It is hard to determine the ideal treatment based on just one photograph so it is important to have an in person consultation to determine candidacy. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Improving Genetics

In treating under eyes, a combination approach is best. I use a combination approach of lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers and skin care/peels which can improve this area. See an expert. As you know this is typically genetic but it can be improved with these combinations.  Best, Dr. Emer