Burns blisters and reactions to first laser hair removal treatment.. Need advice! Thanks (photos)

Hi I recently went for my first laser hair removal. The session was on my my upper thighs and full Brazilian. My left leg didn't have too much reaction. Neither did my bikini area etc. but my upper thighs have had a terrible reaction. It looks like burns and there are some blisters now. Can anyone tell me what to do about this? If this is normal or if I should discontinue the treatments. Also what can I do to make sure this heals correctly

Burns from laser hair removal

This needs to be seen by a Plastic surgeon or dermatologist to minimize the long term risks. Most likely course is that the areas will be initially lighter than the surrounding pigment and possibly scar and/or become hyperpigmented. It is hard for me to make recommendations without seeing you. This is not normal. Either improper settings were used, the wrong type of laser, or improper use of the laser is at fault. Other causes are recently tanned skin can cause this.

Laser hair removal and burns

Hi thanks for sharing your concern .it is superficial first degree burns,may be induced by improper laser settings and a tanned skin.it needs treatment with a short course of topical steroids and a good moisturiser.during your next sitting adequate precautions is absolutely needed to avoid a longterm hyperpigmentation .please do consult a board certified dermatologist and get treated.

Burns after laser

I think it is important that you talk with the clinic that did your laser hair removal. If you were tan on your thighs that can account for the different reaction to the laser.  Time will reveal the final outcome. Please choose an expert for your laser hair removal.

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation From Lasers -- Skin Lightening, Light Peels, microsecond YAG

Its hard to say if this is burned or starting to become hyperpigmented.  you want to see a board certified dermatologist to evaluate, it could end up causing whitening or darkening and needs to be watched closely.  Best, Dr. Emer.