What can be done with my breasts? What's the biggest implant size recommended? (Photo)

I used to be a B cup. And after 2 kids. Breastfed both. This is what I am left with. My nipple are webbed and wrinkly. I want to get a breast augmentation. I would like a full C cup.

What can be done with my breasts?

Thanks for your question and for including good photos. It looks like you should have no trouble in reaching your goal of a C cup look. Your surgeon will examine you , take measurements of your chest and that info coupled with knowledge of the look you are after will allow the surgeon to determine the implants best suited for you. This is where the doctor's experience and artistry come into play. But some surgeons will require you to pick the implant as they do not feel comfortable making the decision. If that happens you would be well served to seek out a different surgeon. When a doctor, who does this for a living and has years of experience and has done hundreds and probably thousands of procedures wants you, who has never even seen one of these surgeries to make such an important decision, he is definitely not the one for you. 

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

There is much that can be accomplished.

Breast augmentation will help you in several ways.  Firstly, you will have increased volume.  This will fill in your clothes better, sports bras won't squeeze you flat, and you can get rid of your padding in your bras.  An more hourglass/feminine shape will result as well.  Lastly, you can expect your loose skin to be reinflated and your overall tightness improve.

Importantly, you also need to know what breast augmentation won't do for you.  It won't bring your breasts closer together (you do have a fairly wide gap).  The implants also won't change the asymmetry of your breast position - the right breast implant points more towards the side than the left. And lastly, they won't raise your breasts on your chest - you are somewhat long chested based on your photos, so you will likely feel like the implants are somewhat low on your rib cage.  All of these factors will impact your final appearance, so you need a surgeon who knows how to make some changes in the implant recommendations in order to achieve the best result.

Sadly, without measurements and a thorough evaluation, it is impossible to suggest a range of implant volumes that will work for you.  An experienced, board certified plastic surgeon will however, be able to answer that question very specifically.

What can be done with my breasts? What's the biggest implant size recommended?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision to have breast augmentation..  Your breast anatomy is very good after having children and you should be able to achieve a very nice result.

There are many advantages to having the implant placed beneath the chest muscle using a dual plane breast augmentation technique.

Breast implant size will be based on a measurement of the base with of your breast which will be measured by the board certified plastic surgeon who examined you.

Very generally speaking it can take 150-200 cc to increase a backup size in the same style and manufacture of bra that you currently wear.  Based on your photos and you desire for a C cup he will likely end up with an implant in the 250-300 cc range but that depends on your measurements.

To learn more about  breast implant sizing please read the following link:

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You can achieve larger, fuller breasts with a breast augmentation. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements to recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

Maximum size is determined by a physical exam where certain measurements are made. This should be done by a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in breast surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What's the biggest implant size recommended?

You appear to be a very good candidate for breast augmentation as long as you don't select too large a size goal.  I think that a full C cup should be easily achievable but cannot tell you an implant size until you've been seen in person.  I make the final selection during surgery based on the use of sizers and have a range of available implant sizes ready.  My estimate would be that you would need implants in the range of 350 -400 ccs but my opinion might change in a face to face meeting or during the procedure based on how your breast size and contour actually look with the use of a test implant "sizer."

Knowing that you've had two pregnancies and have skin and tissue laxity gives me confidence that with an adequate but not excessive sized implant you breasts can be fuller, larger and have a much more youthful appearance.  Find an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon and be certain that you feel confident and comfortable with your choice.  Then, allow him/her to make the best choices for you based on experience.  Enjoy your results.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, you appear to have a nice starting place and should have a nice result with breast augmentation surgery.

The most important factor when sizing implants, is working closely with your surgeon in person to find the implant size that gives you the look that you desire. Careful measurements of your breast and chest wall will help determine which size implants will fit within your natural breast footprint. Taking into account your desired look, and your measurements, an implant is chosen that specifically fits your body.

Unfortunately, online recommendations are not that helpful. Make sure that you have a good relationship with your plastic surgeon, so that you two can work together to find the right size.

In my office, patients try on implants in a bra and clothing. There able to see how they look in the mirror, and in photographs. Women are also encouraged to bring in wish pictures, so that I can get a sense of the look that they would like to achieve.

Good luck with the process!