What is the best treatment to get rid of my double chin? (photos)

I've always been a bit chubby, especially when I was younger, but now that I'm 19 I am at a healthy weight but my double chin still persists. My mom also has a double chin so I'm assuming it may be genetic. I've been doing some research and feel that kybella might be the best option for me. I would like my side profile to have a strong jaw line or at least have some definition because as of right now there is none. Thanks so much!

Kybella Good for Under Chin Fat

Without seeing you in person, impossible to say whether or not Kybella would be a good option for you. It only treats the pocket of fat under the chin. If your issue is overall fat in the chin and neck area, liposuction may be a better option. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

What is the best treatment to get rid of my double chin?

Thank you for your question.  Good candidates for kybella are also good candidates for liposuction (good skin tone and fullness in the submental region). Liposuction can also help with jaw definition.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgery. Best wishes.

Kybella to remove the double chin

Pictures would be helpful. Kybella is the only FDA approved injectable drug used to treat the submental fat that causes a double chin. It destroys the fat cells and prevents the fat from reaccumulating. It has produced amazing results and is associated with very little downtime, with most going to work the next day. Depending on how much fat is in the submental region, the typical number of treatments ranged from 2-4 for maximal results. Theoretically, the fat cells that are destroyed do not regenerate so it is considered a long lasting treatment. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella for the double chin

Thank you for your question cartersl. Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. There are multiple causes of having a double chin: weight, age, and genetics. Kybella is a good option for many people. Most people require two to four treatments, sometimes up to six treatments. Treatments are done every six to eight weeks. Swelling is common for the first week or so after a treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella for the double chin

It looks like from your photos that you have some excess fat under the  chin (submental fat) .  An examination in the office would confirm that this is above the platysma muscle and treatable with the kybella- but the photos are encouraging that you are probably a good candidate.  I would expect 2-4 treatments with at least one months between each- I now like to wait 2 months between treatments so that you can see the improvement with each injection.  At one month some patients are just getting back to where they started with the swelling going back down, and the real change and shrinking is from the 4th through the 8th week.  You should see an improvement with each injection so don't worry if your finances or schedule don't allow you to repeat the additional injections right away. You are young and should have good elasticity so I would expect the area to do quite well without a skin tightening procedure.  Good Luck!

Jonathan Hall, MD

Kybella injection for double chin

Based on the photos, you are good candidate for treatment of submental fat with Kybella. You will likely need 2-4 treatments (probably closer to 4), 2 vials/treatment, 4-6 week treatment interval. You will see a significant result. I highly recommend it. 

Kybella Treatment

Kybella is a fabulous treatment for the area under the neck and to give you a beautiful neck.  I often combine Thermage for the best skin tightening results.  At your age I would consult a specialist to see if any of these treatments would be right for you.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella Treatment?

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You do look like a good candidate for Kybella treatment.  Work with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for best results. 

Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Kybella

From your chin profile it looks like you'd be a good candidate for Kybella. I would recommend 1 vial and then another vial 6 weeks later. At our practice these are currently $599 each. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Kybella for noninvasive double chin reduction

At your young age your skin tone is very elastic so you would not need an invasive procedure to tighten the skin with fat reduction. You could have either liposuction (under local anesthesia) or kybella.

Richard Baxter, MD