Had upper arm lift and boob lift, 7-13-2016 57 yrs old.

Left side oozing ,smells and hurts. I know it's painful procedure, and I'm sure age doesn't help. I returned for follow up 7/22/2016 next one is 8/2/2016. Can you tell me I'm just a baby ( with the pain )

Post op upper arm lift

if the discharge has an odor and there is pain and redness, you may have an infection. You should consult your plastic surgeon to be sure.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Arm lift and Breast lift with pain, odor and drainage......

Hi Garthur,
Thanks for your question. Based on your description it sounds like early infection. I would see your doctor as soon as possible just to make sure it is not. Pain is normal but drainage and odor are not. Your not being a baby. See your plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#breastlift #armlift #infection

Arm lift and breast lift

Your concern is an important one, and a tiny bit of drainage can occur after a surgery. Still drainage should be slight and clear yellow or slightly blood tinged not heavy and certainly shouldn't have a foul smell. Contact your surgeon to let them know what's up in case they wish to see you sooner and be sure there is not problem or infection.

Jeffrey Nelson, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Call your surgeon

Some pain is expected after surgery, but oozing and smelling usually are not.  I don't have enough information to be sure, but it could be an infection.  Don't wait until your appointment next week.  Call your surgeon and ask to have it checked right away.