Can PRP/Acell work for me? (Photos)

I have been losing my hair for about 6 years now. I am 35. The only history of thin hair that I know of in my family is my great grandmother. My loss is all over. Not just the crown. Can prp/acell work for me? I have had blood work done over the years for the problem. Had elevated leveled of dht but an endrocronologist said not enough to cause hair loss. 6 mo ago found out I was iron deficient. I take iron pills faithfully. At 1st it helped, but started having major fall out again. Any recommendations?

Yes, but no guarantees

I think you would be an excellent candidate for PRP and Acell treatment, I have been performing the procedure for several years and have had the treatment myself with good results.  I general recommend 3 rounds, 2 with prp alone and one with acell spaced about 6 wks aparts.   Best candidates stills have a fair amount of residual hair like you do.  The treatment does not actually grow new hair cells, just strengthens and thickens the ones you have.   That being said, the science of acell and prp is still new and there are no large studies so its impossible to say who it will and will not work on.  Also be careful, not all PRP is created equal, some centrifuges are specifically designed for it and do a better job of getting high quality prp.  And be wary of anyone who says they can get a higher than 10-15% yield of prp from your blood (i.e. 60ml of blood gives me around 6-8ml of prp, any system that says gives you 6 ml from 10m or 12 ml from 20ml of blood is just giving you regular plasma, not platelet rich plasma)

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

PRP/Acell for Thinning Hair

Thanks for your question!  From your history, it sounds like you could benefit from PRP scalp injections.  Although Acell is widely debated, I have seen great results using it in combination with PRP.  Be sure to consult a hair expert.  Best of luck to you!

PRP and Hair re-growth and Female alopecia

It sounds like a combination of PRP and hormonal treatments would be best to have regrowth of your hair.  Cell is not effective in hair growth.  Please consult an expert in hair growth for a formal consultation and the best results. Best, Dr. Green

Prp/acell

Acell is not effective for regrowth or prevention as an independent agent nor as a cellular lattice.

PRP however works well if done correctly and you will see improvements.  Combination of PRP with adipocyte stem cell is also quite effective.

Good luck,

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Real Hair Loss Solutions--PRP & Progesterone

I don't find Acell to be that effective. You would need a formal evaluation with a hair loss expert to determine cause and the best treatment options. I have great success in my practice using injectable progesterone and prp to the scalp. I suggest seeing a dermatologist with expertise in hair loss. Best, Dr. Emer.