Having mini tummy tuck in few weeks. I was wondering about how long it may take until I can resume working out? (Photo)

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Exercise?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Most patients are cleared to exercise by six weeks following a tummy tuck.   It is best to have an in-person discussion with your plastic surgeon for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing at this time. Good luck with your surgery.

Work outs after surgery

I would ask your specific surgeon but generally speaking it will most likely be 4-6 weeks before you can work out. Most my clients start with light walking and get back to normal activity weeks later. As you heal your surgeon can keep you informed on what's best for you as you recover. Best of Luck. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. it is best to wait at least 6-8 weeks post op before resuming exercise. It is also important to discuss with the surgeon. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

As your surgeon about resuming workouts after mini tummy tuck

Your own surgeon is in the best position to advise you on resuming your workouts. A lot will depend for example on whether a muscle repair was done and how you heal early on.

Richard Baxter, MD

Exercising post-op

Hello and thank you for your question. Generally you may start exercising six weeks after surgery. You can start off by walking and making sure you are not lifting any weights and targeting the abdominal area. Please consult with your surgeon to see if are healing well and are able to resume activities. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD