I will be having Lipo on my tummy to fat transfer with my breast reconstruction expanders. What to purchase for tummy area?

Because my insurance covers reconstruction, but not "cosmetic" issues, they will wrap the tummy area and recommend Spanx. But I would prefer to purchase an item that will make my stomach look good afterwards. Been thru enough with the double mastectomy.

Abdominal Garment

I initially place my patients in an abdominal binder that is put on in the OR. After 3 days they can switch to  a "tummy shaper" panty garment.  My nurse recommends the "flexees" brand  by Maidenform. 

Hope that information is helpful.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Garments after Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  There is no substitute for a well executed operation.  The type of garment is not that important.  The purpose of the garment is to provide some compression to help prevent fluid accumulation and to provide comfort.  I would suggest having a discussion with your plastic surgeon prior to undergoing surgery.

Nicholas Jones, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Garments needed following tummy procedure

Which garments you will need after surgery determined by the type of tummy tuck you are getting. Your surgeon should provide you his recommended garment based on the type of tummy tuck you have.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Liposuction

It isĀ  the execution of the surgery that will result in best cosmetic result not the dressings.

Discuss your goals with the surgeon