Which operation should I do first? Butt fat transfer or redo mommy makeover? (Photo)

i had a mommy make over over 7 years ago i don't like the results. i am planning to get it redone in December. i also want to get my butt larger. i would like to know which surgery should be done first.

Combination Procedures

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations. Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. The good thing is that there is always the ability to combine these procedures to decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. I would recommend visiting a local certified plastic surgeon for a consultation in regards to the results you are looking for, and determine whether all procedures can be combined at once. Best of luck!

Which operation should I do first? Butt fat transfer or redo mommy makeover

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Depending on whether you have sufficient adipose collections elsewhere on your body (thighs, back, etc) to be able to perform the BBL I would favor the mommy makeover first and then the butt augmentation.  Hope this helps. 

BBL or mommy make-over first?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over and BBL.
  • Usually we recommend the liposuction and BBL first so as to harvest fat from the abdomen.
  • However after a tummy tuck, there may not be much fat there to remove -
  • So your first operation can be the one most important to you unless your surgeon recommends the BBL first.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Which operation should I do first? Butt fat transfer or redo mommy makeover?

If you're planning on breast  redo as well Abdominoplasty redo- I recommend you consider addressing that set of procedures first and then address your buttocks as a second stage- because the recovery (post-operative instructions) for the first set of procedures will contradict the second. But keep in mind a physical exam is essential to determine what specific procedures you're a candidate for.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  If cost or recovery time is not an issue, have you considered combining the procedures?  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated and then discuss all of your surgical options.  You will also be able to address your goals and concerns then work together to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve your overall desired look.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would recommend you to redo the Mommy Make over and then later on the BBL. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD