Will a mini TT give me a flat tummy? (photos)

Will a mini TT give me a flat tummy?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  I think that you will do much better with a full tummy tuck operation.

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.

For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be performed to improve the contour of your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Indications for a tummytuck

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Usually the mini-tummy tuck is indicated when the only concern the patient have is excess skin below the belly button. Otherwise, a full tummy tuck is the procedure that will provide the best outcome.

Some things that the mini tummy tuck does NOT address are:

• Remove excess skin above the belly button. The usual deformity are rolls in this area.
  • Repair separated muscle above the belly button. The usual deformity is a very flat belly bellow and a bulgy one on top.
  • Unfortunately, the appearance of the belly button is descended. I do not like this look. This is only appropriate for patients with very high belly buttons. Otherwise the proportions are not aesthetically pleasing.

If your outcome is not pleasing due to these problems, the solution is to undergo a full tummy tuck.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD, MPH, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi Blinky1234,

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on the pictures provided it seems as if you would be an excellent candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Need a full TT with lipo

Hi.  Unfortunately, you are not a good candidate for a mini TT.  You would do better with a full TT, which offers a full-length fascial plication, and removal of a larger zone of skin.  Some liposuction of the flanks would also help your contouring.  If you can, try to get down to closer to your ideal body weight prior to surgery for a better result.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Full tummy tuck

I  believe you are a better candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening,this will give you a flat abdomen. I would also recommend liposuction of sides and back for a nicer contour,please consult with a board certified PS, good luck!

Dr. Derby Sang caputo

Thank you for your question and your photo.

You seem to be a great candidate for a full TT combined with a lipo for better results. I suggest you to consult a board certified PS and go over all your concerns.

Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Full tummy tuck

From these photos, you seem to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. A full tummy tuck is the only thing that can address the skin laxity you have around the belly button. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring Surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery 

San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #tummytuck #drdeanvistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser H definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS