Weight of what's been removed.

My surgeon tells me that he took away the equivalent of 4 pounds from my tummy and arms. I am 3 weeks post op but I don't seem to weigh that much less? I am only about 1 pound lighter? Will I weigh less eventually?

Weight Removed

Hello and thank you for your question. You should know that the healing process after a tummy tuck can take a while, especially with the amount of swelling that can remain for months. 

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate. If you find yourself unhappy or concerned at all it would be best to visit your surgeon for a follow-up and have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck!