Any suggestions for Revision Rhinoplasty? (photos)

After having an open rhino Aug 2015 I've notice that my nasal none is protruding...im due to see my surgeon next week.. Can you tell me what has caused this before I see him please. Regards

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

From the limited photographs that are presented, it appears that there is a regrowth of the rhinion at the bony cartilaginous junction, in addition to a collapse of the upper lateral cartilages in the midportion of the nose. To accomplish improvement of the nasal dorsum  will require shaving down bony dorsal hump  and placement of spreader grafts underneath the concave upper lateral cartilages in the midportion of the nose. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Nose

Surgeons pet, could be one of many things including something simple like rhinion regrowth. See your surgeon and if not satisfied make sure you see an experienced specialist for a second opinion. Always see someone that does "only faces" and has a lot of photos. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inverted V deformity, collapse of the mid vault, postoperative nasal deformity, spreader grafts

Dear surgeons pet,You have the classic postsurgical deformity that is the consequence of lack of support in the middle vault of the nose, the cartilaginous dorsum.  This is an area that frequently loses support when a hump is removed.  If care is not taken in this region the upper lateral cartilages will separate from the bony portion of the nose and cartilage of the septum and create the appearance of narrowing revealing the inferior margin of the nasal bones.  To correct this deformity and make this portion of the nose anatomically correct spreader grafts are necessary.  The defect that you have can be camouflaged with injectable fillers that would need to be repeated periodically and are not without risk themselves.  I wish you the best of luck in resolving this issue.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon