4 months post rhinoplasty - feel a bump.

My nose looks completely straight I am very happy with it from the side profile, however I can feel a small lump when i run my fingers down the bridge. So the lump I can feel is closer to the top (around a cm or 2 under my eyebrows) and it is higher up centrally, so it is more raised in the middle compared to on the right or left side. I am 4 months post rhinoplasty and cannot see a lump but is there a chance this is scar tissue/could become a prominent lump as swelling goes down?

Bump on Bridge after Nose Surgery

The bones of the nose heal by forming a callous, this commonly shows up as a small hump. It generally subsides as the healing progresses. Irregularities that are felt are generally not a concern. It is when irregularities are seen that they may be of concern at the end of a year.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump 4 months post op

Believe it or not, you are still not done with your healing process. Swelling can continue to plague you for 6 months to a year. My guess is that this "bump" is due to fluid retention and will resolve on its own. For now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body continues to heal. If the bump is still present in a couple of months, see your surgeon to be assessed in person.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

4 months post op. some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (4 months post-po) the swelling has to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

4 months post op

Thank you for your question.  It's hard to say without examining you or knowing what was done during the procedure.  There are a lot of variables at play here to be honest.  Thickness of skin, your usual healing pattern,  how much brusing/swelling there was post operatively, what was done in the procedure, etc etc etc. However, the place where you are describing the bump is usually where the skin becomes a little thicker, and therefore, it will retain more fluid (so surgical swelling will take longer to settle down in that area) and if there are any irregularities under neath they are hardly ever noticed.  That being said, this is a gross generalization.  I suggest you bring this up to your operating surgeon at your next post op visit.  If they feel as though it may be scar tissue, there are different treatment modalities that can be done to help get you healing quickly! In the meantime, enjoy your new nose.  I hope some of this helps. Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon