Is the breast lift procedure better with or without fat injections?

And how bigger can my doctor make my breasts with them? Will the scars be bigger if I get fat injections ?

The breast lift will tighten and lift the breasts, but they will not make them larger.  You could consider fat transfer or implants to improve the volume.

Breast lift/fat injections

Fat injections are not usually needed with a breast lift.  If you are thinking about adding volume to your breasts with fat injections then I think you would be better served using a breast implant to add volume.  Fat is a rather unpredictable filler in larger amounts.  Fat injections are more useful in patients who have rippling or other surface irregularities following the use of implants.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. I sometimes add fat grafting to the upper pole to give more cleavage if needed or wanted.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Lift Better With or Without Fat Injections

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

This is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.

#AugmentationMastopexy involves placing a small implant at the time of the #mastopexy to add volume or contour the upper breast. Another option is the #NaturalBreastLift or #CaliforniaBreastLift which places fat in the upper breast instead of an implant to help the shape of the breast.