Is it possible to do a body contouring surgery for many parts of the body at once?

And what are the least visible scar (or scars) possible for that ? The body parts I want to get done: arms, calves, thighs, breast lift (is that included in the body contouring procedure), stomach, waist and butt. Thank you

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... It will be better for you to get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to check what can be done on your body, besides that, it it's lipo, you will have small incisions where the liposuction will be done. But yes it is possible to have lipo in many parts of the body.

Combined Procedures, Often the Mommy Makeover

The mommy makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy . Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BeastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, #breastreduction.

"Momy Make-Over"

Providing you are good health, all of these procedures can be done under one surgical period. Good Luck!

Surgery

There are many different forms of body contour procedures. You are best served to be seen in person. Some procedures can be done together others need to be staged.

Multiple procedures

Safety is the primary concern.  Your board certified plastic surgeon should require a complete history and physical examination, and consultation regarding the types, number, and order of procedures that are appropriate for you.  An experienced and well trained surgeon that you are comfortable with will be able to guide you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Body Contouring

Multiple areas of the body can potentially be treated at the same time. It would be best to discuss your individual situation during a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Bryan G. Forley, MD

Mutliple procedures

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  In a healthy patient with no major medical issues, it is possible to combine multiple procedures.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Generally speaking, combination surgical procedures are done routinely. However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery… 

During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance.  For example, how much liposuctioning is indicated and can be safely performed will become a judgment call that can only be made after careful evaluation of the patient's overall situation.

Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. Best wishes.

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

This can be combined with other procedures especially liposuction.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

It is certainly possible to do body contouring of multiple parts of the body at once.  This may involve liposuction or this may involve excisional procedures.