Belotero eye fillers. What is the cause of this puffiness?

I had belotero eye fillers 3 wks ago. every thing went fine no bruising or swelling but now my left eye had puffed under neath. what is the cause if this? I had a sty on my recently could this have caused the swelling?

Puffiness from Filler

Thank you for your question. I would recommend having a follow up with your doctor to see if the puffiness is related to a reaction or an infection. - Dr. Dickerson

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffiness after Belotero and sty

It is possible that this is related to the sty on the eye and this must be excluded going forward.

Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Uneven Fillers under the eye from Belotero

I would definitely consult your treating physician to make sure that you don't have an infection or an allergic reaction from the product.  Best, Dr. Green

Needs a recheck

A recheck with your doctor can help evaluate the risk of infection and any relation to the previous sty.
Sometimes there is asymmetric swelling that needs to be evaluated.  Plus any previous asymmetry should be evaluated.
Lymphatic puffiness is related to the body metabolizing the product and can be uneven.

Belotero and eye puffiness

Puffiness of the eye after filler can occur as a direct result of filler if too much filler is placed or filler is placed too superficially.  Usually, it is less likely to occur with Belotero than with other hyaluronic acid fillers due to its properties.  However, any filler can cause swelling of the lower lids. That being said anything that involves the eye such as a sty may have a lingering impact on swelling.  It is important to be evaluated by your physician for the cause and possible hyaluronidase injections.

Belotero eye fillers

There are many causes to the puffiness under eyes from fillers, sometimes it can be caused by a disturbance in your lymphatics or the actual filler itself. It is important that you go back to your injector so that they can advise you.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon