How can I reduce the size of my labia minora without surgery? Is there any creams I can use to reduce the size?

My labia minora on the left side is saggy and enlarged and I feel very self concious about it. My labia on the right side is normal sized and not saggy at all, I would like to get my labia on the left side to be the same as the right side. Are there any other options besides labiaplasty and surgery such as that? Are there any creams i can use to reduce the size? thank you

Reduction of labia size without surgery

Surgical labiaplasty is the most predictable and precise method to reduce the labia minora. There are non-surgical options for the majora such as ThermiVA using radio frequency technology, but the results on the minora itself is best done with surgery.

No. Please wait til you're ready

The best way to get symmetry in your case is with a labiaplasty. It is very common to have different sized labia minora. You should wait until you're very comfortable with the procedure and with the surgeon. Look at lots of videos, photos and reviews and go from there to schedule a consult

Creams for Labia

Unfortunately, there are no creams that will decrease your enlarged labia.  Provided that you are otherwise healthy, a labiaplasty may be performed to reduce the enlarged area.  Good luck!

Surgery is the only option

It would be nice if creams shrunk what we wanted to shrink and enlarged what we wanted bigger, but unfortunately it just doesn't work this way. On the bright side, this is one of those surgeries where the benefits far out weigh the risks. Downtime and discomfort are minimal, and most patients are just sorry they waited so lion to have it done.

Elizabeth A. Kinsley, MD
Covington Plastic Surgeon

Creams instead of surgery

there are no topical treatments to treat your assume tribal labial side

surgery is your only choice

it is simple it is easily tolerated. Has quick recovery

David J. Goodkind, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Ways to reduce the size of the labia

There are no reliable ways to reduce the size of your labia without surgery.  Although surgical reduction means an operation, labiaplasty has a high satisfaction rate.  Choose an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist and view as many before and after photos as you can. Ask many questions.  Best wishes.
Below is a fully-healed labiaplasty patient.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Labia Minora Reduction without Labiaplasty?

At present, the only option for managing size asymmetry of the labia minora is reduction of the larger side by labiaplasty. Creams promoted on the internet frequently make claims that sound great, but unfortunately fail to deliver on their promises.

Can I reduce my labial size without Surgery?

Unfortunately, the answer is an unequivocal "no."  While you may find online any number of "snake oil salesmen" who are willing to take your money & promise you the moon, don't fall for it.  "You get what you pay pay for" in vulvo-vaginal plastics; there in nothing to substitute for a well-trained, careful, well- experienced surgeon.  Do your "due diligence."  Don't fall for false claims, and be careful of physicians who tell you "...Oh- I can do that..." but have none or very few of their own "before and after" photos and offer to do your surgery "under insurance" in a hospital under general anesthesia.  A well- experienced surgeon will usually work in his/her office or minor surgicenter under local (although "general" is available should you choose...)  Be prepared to travel is the ideal person is not available in your geographic area.  Jeez!  This is your own sensitive "lady parts-- don't take a chance on an unknown; it may be difficult or impossible to "fix" a botch!

A unilateral (1-side) labiaplasty is usually very successful in experienced hands. 

Very best of luck,

Michael P Goodman MD

Labia reduction without surgery

Unfortunately there are no creams or potions available to effectively and predictably reduce the size of the labia. Read on for more details and options. 

Your story and concerns are in good company with almost ever other patient that undergoes labiaplasty and/or clitoral hood reduction (aka hoodectomy). In fact, patients who undergo these procedures typically get a large boost in their (sexual) self-confidence after. 
Labiaplasty, which most commonly involves surgical reduction of the labia minora (inner/thinner lips), has become a relatively common procedure over the last ten and even more so last five years. Whether the surgery is done using a laser, scalpel, or scissors does not really matter but what does matter is "symmetry". Symmetry is the most important aspect to the final aesthetic result. Most women, just like yourself, prefer to have as much of the darker pigmented edges removed as possible. Also, it's not how much tissue is removed but how much is left remaining because a certain amount is necessary to maintain proper form and function - typically 7-8 mm actually. To achieve these three most important elements, I have found that the "Trim Method" satisfies best. It is extremely important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this operation (does at least 1 - 2 per week). It may cost you a bit more but it is this type of result you will want to live with for the rest of your life. Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $4500.

Although there is no guarantee, women frequently do seek clitoral hood reduction (Hoodectomy) to improve exposure of the clitoris and hence better stimulation during sexual activity. By removing some of the excess &/or redundant skin concealing the clitoris, it becomes more readily exposed to sexual stimulation and hence a heightened sexual experience/orgasm is possible. Sometimes I recommend adding hoodectomy to labiaplasty to better harmonize the aesthetic outcome. Again, the key is seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist who performs this procedure regularly (>2-3 x/month) so that just the right amount of tissue is removed and just the right amount remains such that the clitoris is not constantly exposed and rubbing on clothing, etc... Typical fee for a hoodectomy is ~$3000 but reduced to about half that price if done along with a labiaplasty.

Now for recovery, because the labia tissue is so robust with blood supply it has an amazing ability to heal relatively quickly. Most patients are sore for 4-5 days before things start to get a lot better from there. Some patients can resume work before this time depending upon their occupation. No exercise for two weeks, no baths/jacuzzi or swimming for 3 weeks, and no sexual activity for typically 4 weeks. My patients are given an oral pain medication such as Vicodin or Percocet but icing the area for the first 48 hours and applying some custom made take-home topical local anesthetic cream seems to work the best. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Sagging Labia, Creams

There are no creams that I know of that would be effective to tighten the labia.
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions. Cheers

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS