Do you think rhinoplasty is a good choice for me? (Photos)

So I really am considering rhinoplasty, I have a very big nose. From the side view when I smile I look like a witch because it is so long narrow and pointy. The tip droops low. From the front when I smile it's wide and so unflattering. I think if they could lessen my bridge and fix the tip it could really look great. Just a smaller nose! Thank you

Do you think rhinoplasty is a good choice for me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Rhinoplasty

The decision to undergo rhinoplasty is a personal one.  You would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty and should be evaluated by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  You would benefit from decreasing your nasal projection and creating a smaller more refined nasal tip.  Your consultation would be a great opportunity to discuss your desired goals and learn what your surgeon can offer to help you reach your aesthetic goals.

Vito C. Quatela, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty To Refine The Nose

It is certainly possible for a cosmetic rhinoplasty to be your key to the nose you seek! The issues you

bring up about your nose are the very same cosmetic surgeons will most commonly address when performing a rhinoplasty. The nose is reshaped to better fit the face and have overall better, more attractive dimensions. An in-person, private consultation with an experienced  board certified plastic surgeon should be your next step! 

Lyle M. Back, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate...

From the photos and your description, it appears that you would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty. In a well performed surgery, your nose could be make shorter and your tip refined and strengthened so it looks better and doesn't droop when smiling. Be sure to see a rhinoplasty specialist for consultation.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear shannonmonck, I do agree that a you would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to address the concerns that you state above. Shortening and addressing the projection of the tip as well as refining the width of the tip and bridge will help balance your profile nicely and feminize your facial aesthetics.  I would suggest that you seek consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty. During your consultation you can have imaging performed which will show you the possibilities of surgery and show you your proposed result taking into consideration your desires and your nasal anatomy. You will also have a chance to review your surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that he/she provides natural looking results that will balance your profile and overall facial aesthetics. Once these steps have been performed the surgeon will discuss in detail the exact techniques that will be used to attain your agreed upon desired result. See some examples in my rhinoplasty link below and the imaging process in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best options. Based on your photographs, it appears that you would benefit from a rhinoplasty to thin out the bridge of the nose and tip refinement to reduce the size of the tip of your nose. This includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and proportional to the rest of your face. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Look at the doctor's morph and see if you think the changes are enough to warrant surgery

I do think you are a reasonable candidate for a rhinoplasty.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response. I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I elevated the tip of your nose, brought the tip back closer to your face, and removed the little bump on the bridge. All three of these changes would make your nose less prominent.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Is rhinoplasty good for you?

The choice to have a rhinoplasty is a personal one.  You have given the decision some thought and you have adequately identified areas of your nose that you are not happy with.  More importantly, the things that you would like changed about the appearance of your nose can be adequately addressed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. I would schedule a consultation and discuss the changes that you would like to see and I think that you will be pleased that you did. Best of luck!

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, decreasing the projection of the nose, refining the nasal tip, and narrowing the bridge line with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. For more information and many before and after results,please see the link and video below

Is Rhinoplasty a Good Choice?

Hi and thanks for your question and photos.  Yes, I do think that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty to give you a smaller, more feminine nose.  I would be happy to see you for a consultation with computer imaging.  My office is in the suburbs of Philadelphia, so not too far from you.  Good luck.  Dr. Pontell

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon