Possible Capsular Contracture?! (photo)

Had my breasts done almost 5 months ago. 550cc silicone under the muscle. Noticed within the last 2 months the left has not settled nearly like the right. It's still soft, moves around but not nearly like the right breast. Doesn't hurt either. I was very symmetrical before my augmentation and they looked perfect after. Is this a possible capsular contracture?! I'm calling my ps first thing Monday. Not happy :(

Possible capsular contracture or implant malposition

There does appear to be significant asymmetry between your right and left breasts.  The lfet breast is narrower and may be due to either an implant malposition or a capsular contracture.  It most likely can be corrected with either a capsular release or a partial capsulectomy.   Time to see your plastic surgeon for help.  

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Possible capsular contracture 5 months post op

Thank you for your question. Typically, a capsular contracture is associated with a hardening of the breast and sometimes even breast pain (depending on the extent of the contracture). Although it may look as though you have a capsular contracture, I do not believe this to be the case seeing how the breast implant remains soft. Softening of the implant is often associated with rupture. It is extremely difficult to answer your concerns based only on the pictures that you provided. It is best to follow up with the original plastic surgeon so that he/ she can re-evaluate your current condition. The doctor will do a physical examination and review all before and after pictures as well as your patient records to help make a determination. I hope this helps you and good luck! Fadi Chahin MD, FACS Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Diplomat American Board of Surgery, Diplomat American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Probable capsular contracture on the left side.

The volume of the left side seems artificially supported relative to the right. This is probably capsular contracture. See your plastic surgeon.

Possible Capsular Contracture?

A posted before photo is always helpful. But you DO NOT have a cc. I think you have a rupture of the left silicone. Seek an appointment for today! 

Possible Capsular Contracture?

Possible Capsular Contracture?!

Dear Hhaala,

Thank you for your post.  If the implant is soft, then this is likely not a capsular contraction, but more of an implant that failed to descend for various reasons.  Either way, you need a revision.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Possible Capsular Contracture?!

Dear Hhaala,

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Revision will improve breast asymmetry.

Hi.

One breast does not look normal.  You are right.  Could be capsular contracture, but could also be asymmetric implant pockets during surgery.  Make sure your surgeon has a detailed plan for correcting this.  If not, get another opinion.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Revision will improve breast asymmetry.

Hi.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Possible Capsular Contracture?!

I would definitely call your PS.  If it is a capsular contracture, it's an early one since you state the breast is soft and implant moves around.  It that side has always been higher since surgery, it may be that the pockets are not symmetrical.  Either way, have your PS take a look.

Possible Capsular Contracture?!