Capsular Contracture? I Recently Noticed an Indentation in One of my Breasts 1yr After BA?

Hello. I had a breast enlargement march 2011, I recently noticed an indentation in one of my breasts which concerned me, so I booked an appointment to see my surgeon to be told I am in stage 3 or 4 of the above. My breast is very firm, and as mentioned I have the indentation. How quickly should the surgeon see to this problem. I now feel I have strained a muscle as it seems uncomfortable. Can you advise? Thanks

Doctor Answers 2

Capsular Contracture

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I am sorry to hear you are having this discomfort.  It sounds exactly like a capsular contracture if you experiencing pain and firmness along that breast.  Unfortunately, the only way to fix the problem is to have surgery and remove the capsule and replace the implant.  If it is causing pain, I would recommend the sooner you can see your PS the better.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Capsular contraction

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello, Sorry to hear you are having some pain. If you say you're breast is hard it is definitely a capsular contraction. To correct something like that there's only 1 way , it would be to remove and replace you're implants. The sooner the better, it's up to you as a patient to determine that.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.