Capsular contracture both sides DESPITE submuscular textured gel implants w/ A++ board cert PS. HOW?! Lollipop + implnts 3/2014.

TIGHT, painful, feel/see rpplng on bttm whn bending frwrd + extreme animation deformity ALL causing NO touch/view during SEX. Waterfall/ptosis w/o flexing, no wndw shding. Pec cut too short? Prgrssve widening clvge gap. Too far away to see PS, plan on seeing ASAP. W/ respect, please refrain from "see your PS." I know. Please advise CC grade. Started Vit-E, SLIGHT softening. Sleepng on stmch. Next trtmnt steps? Singulair vs Accolate vs Serrapeptase? Capsul-otomy/ectomy?

Doctor Answers 3

Capsular Contracture

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty. assessment and treatment will definitely need to be done in person with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who is very experienced in this area. I recommend that you book an appointment to be seen and discuss your options.

All the best

Needs an in person exam

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 From your description of tight and painful with surgery from over a year ago, I would tend to believe that there's some type of capsular contracture. This is best diagnosed by an in person examination. In my experience, early capsular contracture can be treated with Accolate pills as well as weekly treatments of Z wave which are linear soundwaves used for  softening of the capsule. Recalcitrant capsular contracture in my patients is best treated with removal of the capsule and the addition of an ADM such as Strattice. I would discuss these options with your operating plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS
Louisville Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

Tight pockets vs capsular contracture

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question.  It is hard to assess your situation without at least pictures to go off of. Your situation sounds rather complicated and you will most benefit from an in-person examination.  Please be sure to visit a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in revision breast surgery. I hope this helps and good luck to you.


Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 32 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.