Is It Possible to Get Capsular Contracture After the Flu?

I recently had a submuscular breast augmentation 3 weeks agoon Feb 6th. I've had a bad case of the flu the last 3 days, running a fever of 100-101.4 two nights in a row, even with Tylenol. Today I've noticed that my breasts feel tight and firm, and when I massage them, particularly my left breast feels like I can feel the actual implant rub on the inside against my muscle. Is that possible it's capsular contracture, or am I paranoid? How does a fever affect breast implants?

Treatment of capsular contracture and causes of capsular contracture

Infection and hematoma are two likely causes of capsular contracture.  I would recommend early and aggressive treatment before the capsular contracture worsens or progresses. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The flu and breast tightness

While you may be developing a capsular contracture, it is unlikely related to your flu symtpoms.  If you are concerned about your implants, you should check with your doctor.

The flu and breast tightness

Flu and Capsule Contracture

Flu is a viral illness which we don't typically associate as a cause of capsule contracture, yet we don't fully understand all the causes and mechanisms leading to contracture formation.

It is also possible that your febrile illness had a bacterial component; there is more evidence for capsule contracture following a systemic bacterial infection.

Consult with your surgeon to evaluate your breasts; he/she may decide to initiate a special capsule contracture treatment.

Flu and Capsule Contracture