Tummy tuck revision & BBL. Any suggestions? (photos)

Full tummy was done 9 months ago. Scar was placed high. Can I do a tummy revision to lower the scar and Lipo and bbl at the same time ? Are there any risk for blood supply compromise

Tummy tuck

Your scar should be able to be lowered about an inch or two, but I wouldn't waste the time on the BBL.  concentrate on getting the tummy tuck right.  The BBL is just a waste of time and money.

Tummy tuck scar revision

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck scar revision.'
  • Your scar looks dark brown - one reason it is noticeable. 
  • If your skin is loose, an incision should bring it down a bit.
  • It will be noticeable again if it goes brown - so be sure to use skin bleaching cream on the skin 2 x a day for a month in advance - and keep it protected from the sun.
  • You can definitely have liposuction at the same time -
  • And you can definitely have that fat injected into the buttocks - but be sure the surgeon explains the risks.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy Tuck Revision and BBL

I would wait about 1-1 1/2 years following your surgery and then seek a revision. I think you could get it lowered about an inch at least maybe a little more based on the above photo. I am not a big fan of the BBL so do your research on that procedure before seeking that surgery. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Can I combine various cosmetic procedures in addition to a revision of my TT?

In most cases, a high TT incision can be lowered, esp if excess skin is still present but that really would depend on each patient. Also, you could have fat transfer to your buttock but again depending on the amount of fat you had for this.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

TT revision and BBL

A TT revision and BBL are ideal for correcting your concerns. Please make a consultation to discuss how a revision will result in improved appearance of your high incision line and correction of step off deformity, and to assess how much fat will be available for your buttocks enhancement.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

High Tummy Tuck Scar

It is unlikely that the tummy tuck scar can be lowered appreciably. Your surgeon chose to avoid a vertical scar with a lower abdominal scar and now there is little recourse. 

Liposuction of the flanks and back can be done and the fat can be transferred to the buttock but a formal consultation would be required to determine the amount of fat which can be obtained for grafting.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and guide you on this important decision.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Poorly Placed Tummy Tuck Incision

Your scar is too high and your skin is too tight to get any meaningful movement of your scar.

This is really unfortunate.  Your surgeon, like the majority of my colleagues, places a priority on 'getting the hole out' instead of scar placement. This is backwards, and instead we should care not if there is a hole in your skin (from where it was attached to your belly button) that needs to be closed; this leaves a much more inconspicuous short vertical scar and allows placement of the main incision where it belongs, along the border between thigh and abdomen.

You should move forward with your liposuction and fat grafting, but maybe you should interview a few more ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Hello Trish,

Lowering the scar can be done to a small extent but I would advise you lost as much weight as possible beforehand. This would make the possible gains larger. 

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon