My juvederm was placed poorly. what can I do?

Now I have a definite line in the marionette area. The injector placed the juvederm in an area that has accentuated the lines. I can actually see a white area under the skin. It looks so bad. I am very unhappy. It looks worse when I talk. 

Fillers Such as Juvederm-- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

I suggest reversing fillers if they do not give the optimal outcomes. Please see an expert and use cannulas to avoid complications. Best, Dr. Emer.

Marionette line correction after filler mishap

A pic would help guidance.

Vitrase injection will dissolve the product and thereafter you should seek another provider.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian

Juvederm Filler Botox Toronto

Are you able to post some photos so that we can see what you're trying to describe?  That way we can provide useful commentary.  All the best.

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Hi, I have performed mnay facial shaping procedures, over the past 30 years, using dermal fillers or facial implants (cheeks, chin).  The beauty of the newer HA fillers is that they can easilly be dissolved.  Go back and ask the injector to dissolve the Juvederm with hyaluronidase.  It's important to remember that dermnal fillers don't have inherent aesthetic knowledge, so whomever is placing the filler must understand where and how much filler to use for the creation of a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps

Juvederm Placed Poorly

Dear selfimposedhermit, Depending on when you had the Juvederm injected you could start massaging the area if the injection is recent. If this does not provide any change then I would see your injector and discuss having hyaluronidase injected. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Poorly placed Juvederm....

Thank you for your question.  If the Juvederm is new, I would massage and wait at least 2 weeks for the swelling to go down.  If at that time you are still unhappy, I would have the Juvederm dissolved with hyaluronidase by your board certified Dermatologist.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Massage is a good start

Massage is a good start to see if the swelling and edema will go down.  Especially if it has been only a few days.
Injections of hyaluronidase can dissolve any offending Juvederm also.

Removing Filler

Filler products made of hyaluronic acid (e.g. Juvederm, Restylane, Voluma) can be removed with injection of hyaluronidase.  Hyaluronidase is a protein enzyme that breaks down the filler and allows the body to remove it naturally.

There are different trade names for hyaluronidase, including Hylenex, Vitrase, and Hydase. 

I recommend consulting an expert to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure.  It typically involves injecting the enzyme in the area of concern and can be done in an office setting.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and poor placement

Juvederm is a great product for reducing the lines.  However, if there is poor placement you can have the product dissolved with Vitrase.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

I suggest you go back to see your injector for review. You can have dissolving solution injected to remove the Juvederm.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon