How to make my belly button look more natural? (Photo)

Just had a tummy tuck revision 1 month ago. My middle part of belly button look like it coming out. What can I do. Does marble or ear plug works for this case

The marble is an old fashioned approach to keeping the scar from constricting on itself. I more modern approach which will be easier to manage is to use a gauge (one can be obtained at a piercing/tattoo parlor), the kind that people use to create those tribal-like holes in their ears.  A gauge will fit in the belly button, it is a circle not a sphere (like a marble) so it will stay in place.  The forces of the scar on a sphere will have a tendency to push it out, defeating the purpose.  The forces of the scar on a circle will not force it out of the wound.

Without knowing what your belly button looked like

before your procedure and revision, is challenging to advise you objectively.  Your belly button is funky and will need something done to it to make it look better.  Keep your surgeon informed of your concerns and when healed (months from now), you can consider options on how to improve its appearances.  And you can be sure your surgeon will want a better outcome for you if you don't have any improvement as what you have is unacceptable.

Curtis Wong, MD

Belly button swelling

Thank you for taking the time to post a question. Your belly button is extremely swollen from your revision. With time the swelling will go down but it can take 6-8 months for this to happen. I do find that some form of compression can speed the course. A small marble can be taped in place to put pressure on the swelling and this can speed the resolution but occasionally this can also cause irritation. Talk with your plastic surgeon about it to see if there is anything recommended. Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon

How to make my belly button look more natural?

It is currently pretty swollen so it will go down some. But, this is so hard. I do not know if the surgeon tried to suture it down from the inside or not. Sometimes that helps. I would give it about 3-6 months first and see what happens. After that it may only be a surgical fix and even then it may not give you what you want. It is seriously the hardest part of that operation. You are not the only one.Sincerely,DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

Belly button stalk prominence

Dear Trish,Your belly button prominence is from the stalk which is swollen; this will improve over the first six months. If it does not deflate on its own, you can have some of the stalk trimmed with local in the office.

Arian Mowlavi, MD